Sunday, November 20, 2005

A year ago today...

I was sitting in a chair while my friend Sandra tried to cover my tattoo so it wouldn't show as I walked down the aisle.

This morning, I'm marveling that it has been a year since I married my giving husband. It feels like ten.

Before I robbed the cradle and stumbled into marriage, I thought I knew myself. Strong, independent, going to conquer the world, travel anywhere, do anything. Kevin used to joke that I was the "man" in the relationship because I couldn't be bothered with too much sweetness or sentimentality. He also thinks I'm insane , a martini whore and a wild child - but secretly, that's why he loves me.

This man, my husband of one year, has reduced me to a simpering idiot. He is so wonderful to me that I've become a complete girl.

God, he is such a sap.

And I just couldn't be happier.

4 comments:

Roxy said...

Way better than ice cream!

Thanks!

Greg said...

I have to write that down. I knew it was around this time, and I should have sent a card. Congratulations. I suppose every day you don't kill him is a good one. I'm sure you helped take his mind off the Michigan game ...

Unknown said...

i had to tell you this because it was QUITE a coincidence. yesterday, flipping channels AGAIN (i swear), i came across cyndi lauper singing acoustic on ellen. they were outside and in ny. i am attempting to find my copy of a song called white man's melody. when i do, i am going to email it to you if you would like

Roxy said...

That would be awesome! I do love Cyndi! Thanks! I'll look for it too and let you know if I find it.

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!