Monday, September 19, 2005

And just WHERE were you while we were getting high?

Last night's Oasis concert prompted that ever-important question.

As Kevin and I sang at the top of our lungs (6 rows back, center, close enough to feel the sweat from Jet and the brothers Gallagher - or was it the beer shower from the asshole behind us?), I thought of the Champagne Supernova that was my senior year in college.

I had to ask. On the way home from the concert, I took a look at my young hubby.

"So, honey, where were you while I was getting high?"
"When was that?"
"College mostly - probably 1996?"
"I was in the boy scouts."

Damn.

This is the pain of marrying someone 7 years your junior.

While I was baked out at the K-Sig Toga party (fully commando under my sheet - Amy laughing at me), my hubby was building forts out of mud at Camp Cuchiyonga or some such place.

Bet he didn't even have enough sense back then to eat the camp's shrooms.

1 comment:

ymelendez said...

That is so fucking funny!!!!(oops)

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!