Friday, September 23, 2005

The Twitchy Bitchy

Seven days. That's how long my right eyelid has been spasmodically jerking like a tripped out teenager at a rave.

At first, I figured multiple strobe lights from multiple concerts caused eye damage -or a part-time brain tumor - and the trembling would subside.

Then -
Could it be the stress of bombing my Financial Accounting exam? I need to relax and forget the number hell of FIFO, LIFO and t-charts. Last night, I decided to get liquored up. Pure genius only I'm still spasming. And, as an added bonus, I now have a hangover and a freaky rash across my face caused by puking so hard that I broke my blood vessels. I am the beacon of sexiness right now. I'm sure today's clients thought they were dealing with the cast-aside bride of Frankenstein. I've always been vain, just not veiny.

Time to a visit to the only doctor I trust: WebMD. What causes an eye to twitch? The first search revealed one of two possible options. I'm either epileptic or can exhibit the traits of REM sleep while wide awake. While I love WebMD because it doesn't make me weigh-in when I come into the office, I often leave feeling like my problem, however minute, will lead to death sometime within the next 2 minutes.

Any suggestions? I remain all a-quiver in anticipation.

9 comments:

Ross said...

You see this is what happens when you take your mind off nature and turn it towards the evil math. Just get back into touch with nature and it will be all better, I think

ymelendez said...

uhmm... That happends to me too!

When are you gonna update your photo blog?

Rebecca said...

My eye does that too, but not for seven days. I think it may be time to face the scales....

Mathieu said...

Well, that must be really annoying.

Sometimes, my eye will do that for about 2 minutes. And even then, I'm completely freaking out.

Try eating bananas. Just a tough. Muscle often twich because of a lack of something. Usually potassium. Which can be found in large quantities in bananas.

Plus, it fights water retention.
Cool, huh?

Roxy said...

I'm eating bananas, getting out into nature and going to the doc.

And I'll update photos for Yazil...

:+)

Anonymous said...

work from home?! WOW! I'm going to go immediately to that site and spend every cent I have!!

Thank goodness that wonderful annoymous person posted! And thank goodness he made sure to talk about Star Wars, because I know that he is a good and decent person because of it.

Anonymous said...

your eye will be fine, by the way, if you eat some bananas while walking outside, avoiding math and frequenting spammer sites.

I hope it stops :)

Roxy said...

THAT is why I'm twitchy! Blog spam. You are so right squint...

jemmy said...

Stay away from webmd. Everytime I look at it I leave thinking I'm about to have a stroke or something.

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!