Saturday, June 11, 2005

Virtual Vacation

On the way to work today, I realized I need a vacation. I contemplated calling in sick, driving to the airport and boarding the next beach-bound flight, but thought that would be a tad irresponsible. I could have spent the day on Mill Avenue for some people watching and shopping at Urban Outfitters (so I can be so original while I shop at a chain store), but instead I'm at work. It's Saturday and I have to be here to help run the Halo 2 tournament. I hate X-Box, why was I picked for this activity?

Since I can have a real getaway, at least I can take a "Virtual Vacation." Today's destination? The Greenbrier.

I just love this place. The grounds are lush and verdant with plenty of places to be cool. The different estates on the grounds are all unique. The interior impeccable. Every room showcases vibrant color schemes.

I feel so swanky when I'm gliding through the expansive hallways with 30-foot alabaster columns. The plush (although sometimes garishly bright) furniture and grand-piano music are just two reasons to never make it past the lobby. All the common areas of this resort are not-so-common. My favorite place of all is the red ballroom. I feel like I've been transported through time to the Victorian Era everytime I step onto the hardwood floor of this particular room.

After I checked in, I dropped my luggage on my bed and headed for some pampering. Since I've felt a little sick to my stomach for the last 24 hours, I know I really need to relax. The best place to do this is the Greenbrier Spa. I nourished my body and soul with a virtual Spa Package. I started with a black walnut scrub, moved to a relaxing Kur bath and then made my way to a hot stone massage and a mani/pedi combo pack. I paid with my Virtual Visa thank goodness...

After reviewing a brief slideshow of the resort in my room (check out this floor plan - I'm virtually livin' in style), I decided to head to the outdoor pool. I like the indoor pool, but am feeling the need for a little sunshine.

Now that I have my martini, I'm ready for a little sunshine. I think I'll arrange a falconry show for later, and then maybe take a carriage ride after dinner.

Tomorrow, I will play chef at cooking class and then go shopping at some of the fabulous Greenbrier shops. I have a tour scheduled right before tea and really think that another massage is in order. I'm going to check out the bunker out as well. There is so much history here!

It's time for me to sink into oblivion here on my VV. If you have any suggestions for future VV's, please let me know. I'm on my way to get Virtually Wasted.

No comments:

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!