Monday, June 13, 2005

My Morning Funny

I laughed myself silly at one of my favorite sites this morning. Drink At Work brings you a list of business etiquette. My faves?

Never convene a department meeting by saying, “Where my bitches at?”

If you find yourself saying, “The Hooters really blew it with their second album” you have strayed too far from business conversation.

Do not use trendy words in office communication. Say “Great” instead of “Awesome,” “Yes” instead of “Yo” and “Feeling Good” instead of “Got the world swinging from my nuts.” (Damn it feels good to be a gangsta)

When maintaining eye contact with a fellow employee, avoid any gaze that may be best described as “penetrating,” “smoldering” or “bloodshot.” (hmmm, done all that)

Go visit the site and read the rest of the list!

3 comments:

Greg said...

I saw that too. Fine, fine stuff. Ah, the life of an office worker ... (he says as he sits in his dining room contemplating getting in the pool while the child naps)

Where's your CD, woman?

Roxy said...

Running behind - some of us have to work for a living. I'm enjoying what you sent however! I'm going to let Kev do the burning and mailing for me tomorrow...

And, again with the pool thing. I'm utterly sad that I'm sitting in my office when I could be in a pool...

Ross said...

Roxy I just wanted to say thanx for saying my site was nice. Also wanted to say that yours is very nice. I like it a alot. Also I wanted to let you know that the name of mine has changed. to http://rgballiance.blogspot.com/

Thanx again for checking it out

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!