Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Am I the only one...

who thinks that it is sad that this man is being judged for defecting from the Korean war? I am sure there are many moral arguments here about honesty, duty and honor, but I don't blame this man.

MSN Article

Call me crazy, but I don't believe that people should have to endure the horrors of war and kill other people because their government told them to do so...

And, I'm growing increasingly afraid to be an American after reading this quote about the constitutional ban on flag burning that has already passed the House of Representatives and is headed for final vote in the Senate: ''Ask the men and women who stood on top of the (World) Trade Center,'' said Rep. Randy (Duke) Cunningham, R-Calif. ''Ask them and they will tell you: pass this amendment.''

Read the whole story on
Flag Burning here.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Yeah. It is so stupid, republican's are just trying to shape the world in their image. I am american and love America. but if some body wants to burn a flag in protest it is their choice. Congress should not be allowed to take this right from us. I mean does that not directly clash with the first amendment right of free speech.

When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my God, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!