Friday, August 05, 2005

This Friday afternoon, I'm

contemplating the perpetually evil George Bush, the ex who dominated my dreams last night, writing, and the process of moving back to Virginia.

I'm also thinking about how Joss Whedon may have unknowingly introduced a platform on how to jumpstart the efforts being made for world peace.

In the Buffy episode, "Once More With Feeling," Whedon spins a musical tale of demons (both literal and figurative) laced with the moral intracies of deception, love, hope and human bonds (not bondage - get your mind out of the gutter). All the characters (and the fine people of Sunnydale) lose the ability to talk - everyone is possessed to candidly communicate through song. The result? More truthful, vivid and passionate human interaction. Imagine the soul cleansing if we had to sing to communicate?

Then again, to foster better world relations, maybe we should take a clue from another Buffy classic and just shut up.

8 comments:

Greg said...

You're leaving? WTF?

Roxy said...

Law school for the hubby...

And don't freak out. It isn't immediate...

Greg said...

Law school - that's awesome. Like he needs to be more obnoxious and pretentious and condescending ...

What will you do? Go back to the corporate grind?

Francesca said...

What a beautiful idea. George Bush having to sing his evil plans for world domination, oops, I mean peace, democracy and Coca-Cola.

I like the way you think.

Roxy said...

Well Greg, if my husband wasn't obnoxious, pretentious and condescending, he wouldn't have any personality at all!

Yep - I'll be a corporate whore for a while again. Been there, done that, know I could get paid well to do it for a few years...

Stunt mom - You bring to my mind the vision of GB in a tutu, pink ballet slippers and the fist of justice slamming down on his head. I like that... I'm going to check out your blog now.

jemmy said...

Minority speaking:

I'm glad you're moving back to Virginia.

Also, Joss Whedon is writing and directing the upcoming "Wonder Woman" movie. I'm obviously thrilled.

Mr. Furious said...

No one wants to hear George Bush sing, and if h e did I am sure it would be about world domination and crap...maybe I would like JOhn McCain to sing though...

Roxy said...

Jeremy - I'm glad to be coming back too... it's weird - i flee a place and now i miss it...

And yes, I will be seeing WW when it debuts. Joss is cool.

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!