Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

My students are watching Michael Moore's persuasive masterpiece in all of my classes. I've now seen the movie 5 times in the past three days.

My students are appalled that Iraq, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia are not the same country! They were tricked! Those sneaky, evil media giants. What were those journalists thinking?

Speaking of journalists...

Today I sing Michael Moore's praises. Don't necessarily like him or approve of all his actions, but I must admit I appreciate his "documentary." My students actually engaged in intelligent discussions about politics! It is amazing that they now know more than what mainstream media feeds their parents.

And, for those of you who are wondering, I did defend Bush and bash Kerry a little as well. Then I pointed to the "Bart Simpson for President"slogan displayed on my gang-tagged, crooked white board and said, for all to hear, "I love my country."

No comments:

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!