Thursday, October 28, 2004

Counting the hours

It is almost Halloween, it's rainy outside and for the first time since February, I am wearing a sweater. The only thing that would make this day better is if time would magically fast forward to noon.

Today at noon, happiness begins. The students have a half-day today as they are taking their AIMS* (Arizona Instrument to Measure Success) tests, and teachers have the afternoon to make up work and prepare for next week.

However, I will choose to not prepare for next week. I'm not making up work either. I'm going to put my rain clog clad feet up on my desk, make some Starbucks in the school's crappy coffee maker and read Edgar Allen Poe.

*side note - at some point I will have to comment on what I think AIMS really stands for...

No comments:

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!