Friday, January 26, 2007

Wednesday

I love the word Wednesday.

Just look at it...

Wednesday

I especially love it when it is written just as above, with proper capitalization. The big W, the round front loops of the d's, and nes right in the middle.

It makes me think of when I was in Ms. Guiffre's first grade class and I was practicing careful loops with my number 2 pencil. The smooth, thin handwriting sheets.

...and the W fills the space between the 2 solid blue lines...

...and the d's are written so the top of the loop reaches the the red dotted line but the backbone of the d - the line portion, if you will - reaches as tall as the capital W...

...and my y always with flourish. Showed a bit of personality...

Friday just doesn't pack the same punch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss your mustang, Wednesday

Roxy said...

Me too, Lys. Wednesday saw a lot, didn't she?

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!