Monday, March 27, 2006

Twinkies sustain the masses

Well, not really. But here are some things that are currently the creamy filling in my spongecake of life:

When the rest of the world lives in reality, where does the government spin? "Bushies in Wonderland"

You absolutely must check out my sidebar. With all the new sweet, thrilling tidbits of musical genius, I can't even stop listening long enough to answer my phone at work. Please don't call me - I'm busy.

While I undoubtedly will write a better tribute, following is the obituary I wrote for my beloved, funny, delightful, daring and darling great gram who just passed. I miss her to the point of heartbreak.

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ruth Gerity Cook on March 13, 2006. She was 102 years old. Ruth was born in Spring Grove, Pennsylvania on November 21, 1903. She lived most of her life in the Swanton area of Ohio. She also lived in Phoenix, Arizona and more recently in Fredericksburg, Virginia. She is survived by her daughter Mary Swiatek, and her sons Lawrence and Thomas Gerity. Her beloved family including 9 grandchildren, 21 great grandchildren, 6 great great grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews, brought her much joy and happiness. No services are currently planned. She will be dearly missed by all who knew and loved her.

No comments:

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!