Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dorian Gray

Last night, Remi and I sat out on the patio at a local restaurant drinking margaritas, shooting the shit. We've spent many a night this way - kicked back, relaxing, talking about nothing in particular.

The sunset turned the sky orangey blue. Our margaritas were limey green. We're laughing. Remi catches a glimpse of the table on the inside of the restaurant through the window.

"I love watching old ladies drink beer," she says, pushing the rock salt from the rim of her blue glass.

"Me too." I watch their wrinkled faces through the window as they sip their beers.

Remi smacks me. "That's gonna be you and me when we're old. It's like looking into an aging-mirror."

As if on cue, the women inside the restaurant laugh.

I wonder if they are thinking the same thing.

2 comments:

Ross said...

So wait, now you plan on selling your soul to Satan and never look at a self portrait of yourself. I could do the painting. But then it would be used in for dark purposes, butif I could get paid for it.... well thats another story. J/K

Just remember with age comes wisdom and some really cool sex stories.

Roxy said...

True that, Rokan. True that.

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!