Friday, October 07, 2005

Conversations with God

After reading this article, I thought I should come clean. I too, having been having some talks with God. I know what you are thinking - Roxy doesn't believe in God. But she does - just not in the Fundamentalist way.

The article states:
One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

It continues on and you can read it by clicking the link above. However, it is time for my confession.

Sometimes, I think God talks to me too. He says "Roxy, George W. Bush is an evil man with a simple mind. There is nothing more dangerous than someone in power who can't back up his statements with logic. He only believes that he's correct because he can point his finger to the sky and say that I'm guiding him. How can anyone argue with that? What they fail to realize, Roxy, is that I am everything. And most of all, I am your conscience that guides you. How can anyone believe that something so powerful could be guiding a man who is so petty?"

I agreed with God. I told him he should go directly to the Bush, let him know how he feels. God told me that he has tried to talk to George W. Bush. The only problem? GW doesn't listen and can't hear a damn word God is saying.

3 comments:

Ross said...

Perfect, absolutly, perfect

AL said...

Meesh, as you know I am a christian and I could say a lot about that article. But one thing always comes to mind. These right wing nutter politicians who call themselves followers of Jesus don't ever seem to notice who Jesus actually was and how he lived. But a small story will suffice. In the gospels, after Jesus arrived in the capital of Israel (Jerusalem) on a donkey (not a Lexus SUV!), the people started to sing a messianic psalm while he walked along a certain street where the temple and the roman occupying garrison were. The song meant that they wanted him to turn right, head to the Roman Garrison, make himself king and overthrow the Romans. i.e become a political leader. But he didn't. He turned left and entered the temple and threw the money-changers (hypocrites who made money off of poor people who had come to worship) out of the temple. In fact Jesus said in the book of John "My kingdom is not of this world". Ch18 v36 These pathological ideological psychopaths don't seem to notice that the Jesus they site never sought political office, preached peace, hated hypocrisy and loathed capitalist creeps who made money of of God and specifically said that whatever his kingdom was it certainly wasn't of this world: physical or political. You can cite every historic example of where "christians" ignored what Jesus said and attached "christianity" to political states i.e theocracies like Northern Ireland, the Confederacy, South Africa, Calvins Geneva and Catholic Europe. What ensued were nightmares. Pogroms, holocausts, crusades and alike. It makes me stunned that so many of these crazies are "baptists". The history of baptists are that during the reformation they were a separate group that took Jesus' words seriously. The didn't believe in theocracies. What happened? They were persecuted and murdered by catholics and protestants alike. Zwingli, the protestant leader, had them drowned in Lake Geneva. I am sorry for this big post but it breaks my heart to see fascist crazy men with their insane plans for Global Empire try to dress themselves up as doing God's will. Why should Jesus cop the blame for the insanity of what madmen do in his name? A christian by definition would be someone who was like Christ. In every important respect these nutters show themselves to have no idea of who Christ even was. If I decided to become the first minister of Scotland and I invaded Norway in the name of Gandhi as a "born again" Gandhian everyone would say "hey wait a minute, did Gandhi say that?". Why does no one ever look at what Jesus actually said. The truth is that the Gandhi's and Martin Luther Kings knew exactly what Jesus taught. We will remember them, long after Bush and Blair are a sad footnote in this strange interregnum between the end of the cold war and a 21st century heading for resource wars of a magnitude unheard of in history. The world believes that capitalism defeated communism. It has merely outlasted it. Its planet destroying unyielding belief in technology creating a better world is as flawed as communisms version of the same belief. Sorry for the big post. So gutted by this insane era. Love you Meesh. Peace to you all.

Roxy said...

"Why should Jesus cop the blame for the insanity of what madmen do in his name?"

I think that sums it up perfectly, my dear friend Alasdair. As always - you hit the crux of the matter.

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!