Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Wasted Space...

Halfway home last night, I turned off my radio. The same songs, the same rants on NPR, the same annoying marketing ploys to get me to buy and consume. My soul felt dry from the burnt, ashy programming.

When all was quiet, I focused on my drive through this world coming down. Mountains seemed to ascend from a pungent brown line of smog. I followed too many commuting cars into the rapidly diminishing wide-open space where I live. Another housing development across from farm and industrial land. Construction signs waving progress.

My flight synapses fire in my brain - electrical storms hitting dust. I want to move out of progress. Far, far away.

But, we continue to evolve and the desert continues to die.

No comments:

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!