Friday, April 29, 2005

track listing for mixed bag

i must say - i had a lot of fun creating this mixed cd. i basically took the cd's that were riding in my car with me and compiled the tracks that i listen to most often. i keep many of these songs close because they are representative of friends and roadtrips (where noted). it was hard to narrow my choices and if i did this project next week i'd probably pick different songs... but this is what the final product looks like.

1. don’t leave me this way.harold melvin & the blue notes
2. united states of whatever. liam lynch (for bettina and kiddies)
3. girl named michelle. no idea who sings this (my real name)
4. sheep go to heaven. cake (my brother gave me this song)
5. polyester bride. liz phair (for my roadtrips to the beach with shalen)
6. patient boy. misfits (amanda and amy - in-town road-trippin')
7. whistle song. pj olssen
8. sweet beauty break
9. six underground. sneaker pimps
10. spiders. mercury rev
11. on any given day. carbon leaf (love this band from Richmond area - saw them live with Amy)
12. brimful of asha. n cook remix (for amy and dancing at Black Cat)
13. camel walk. southern culture on the skids (for amu and sally - college song)
14. el tango de roxanne. moulin rouge (given my nickname - love this song)
15. falling for the first time. barenaked ladies (for remi puking at their concert)
16. suedehead. morrissey (how could you not love morrissey?)
17. pink moon. nick drake (listened to this the night i knew i wanted to marry my husband)
18. southern cross. david carter (live) (First picture, left hand side. I'm the one in the middle - my friend Molly is grabbing the boob. We frequented David Carter concerts in Richmond...)

as for the cd's i'm receiving - i am giddy like a school girl each time i receive another package. i will link to some of the sites that discuss the "Mixed Bag" project in another post.

and, i could do more cd's too!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Learn to love capital letters, my dear! When do I get mine, eh?

Roxy said...

I do LOVE capital letters... I just chose to not honor them in my post.

When Kev comes back to school, I'll send your CD with him. He has a kidney stone and won't be there today because he is writhing in pain...

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!