Thursday, January 06, 2005

I'm Done

Stick a resume on me.

I'm through with feeling ill from the pot smell emanating from my classroom. I'm finished with the "but Ms. M" excuses. I don't want to watch another student sweat and convulse because she is having a bad reaction to G (code name for Glass, which is Crystal Meth). I don't want to be called racist for asking a student to refrain from calling everyone "nigga" in my classroom. I probably wouldn't mind as much if it wasn't preceded by "mother-fuckin."

I'm finishing my Masters in April. I think I'll apply for teaching jobs at local school districts. I have already started to apply for jobs back in the corporate world.

Some possibilities I'm entertaining: financial planner, ballroom dancer, wedding planner, professional sky-diver, PhD student, college instructor, or underpaid writer. Perhaps I should join the circus? Any suggestions on what my next career should be? Send your ideas to me - michmerc@aol.com or comment on my post. All possibilities will be entertained...

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Dear, I love you more than anyone. But, not the circus. There are Elephants (Republican's) at the Circus. I will help you become whatever you want (to a degree of reason) and I will love you for all time. Even when you are a racist, mean, unkind and vile teacher (oh, wait that is me)!!!!!

Greg said...

Join the circus? Aren't you already in the circus? You'll never find freaks like Shrek (you know who that is) in the read world! It's a shame about your decision. Why don't you just become the school's dealer and then you can make some chedda to buy some bling while hangin' with some mutha-fuckin' niggaz? See, it all works!

Hmmm ... what should you do for a living? Snake wrangler? Food taster for an African despot? Screamer for a horror movie? The possibilities are endless!!!!

Greg said...

Krys just came home and told me (in response to your search) that at those hot dog places in the mall, the place where employees have to wear those ridiculous striped outfits, they have a position called "lemon jumper." If you can deal with the outfits, I think that has to be something you look into. Lemon jumpers of the world unite!

(How Krys knows about this position is not known to me. Perhaps it's her dream job and she's researched it intensely.)

Roxy said...

Burgas, you have solved my dilemma. I want to be a lemon jumper. I want to wear a lemon colored jumper when I become a lemon jumper. And I dig those groovy striped hats. It is worth the job to get the hat.

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!