Saturday, January 01, 2005

I Resolve

Are resolutions ever resolute?

Last year, I resolved to date single people regularly, to live a healthier lifestyle and to travel more often.

That whole marriage thing killed my dating life. I joined a bad gym for a few months and then lost my drive. The only one that really worked out was the travel thing. I have some killer stories from those giggly, girly weekends...

I feel like I should make responsible resolutions this year. It may be because I'm turning 30 in May, but I think it is really because I secretly fear that Mother Nature is going to slap me up-side the head and properly domesticate me. Should I resolve to be a good housewife? Yeah, right. I'd resolve to stop shaving my legs and resolve to yell at my husband to pick up his underwear, but I already do those things so it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Perhaps I should build my resolutions off of my experiences from last year. 2004 was a whirlwind and it tested and tried my patience with the world. I lost a lot of individuality but gained a new perspective on the true meaning of love. I saw old friends, gained new ones and lost someone very important to me.

So, for 2005 I resolve to me more appreciative of the people in my life. I will be nice to my husband. I will make time for my girlfriends. I'll write to my family. I won't kill my in-laws. I won't neglect my promises to myself. I'll graduate with my Masters. I will write more. And most importantly, I will not lose myself even though I am now half of a two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you said: "And most importantly, I will not lose myself even though I am now half of a two."

beautiful resolutions, very nicely stated. Good luck forging ahead in life as the greater half of a whole being. Good luck also, meeting your life's goals and staying sane through the process.

Thank you for sharing with us - namaste

Roxy said...

Only sometimes it isn't that easy. Sometimes those compromises we make aren't the best way to stay true to ourselves.

We all try though, don't we?

About Me

Stupidly self-centered for over 3 decades!